We’re always exploring new and delicious ways to prepare pinole. Our latest efforts in the test kitchen will please our fellow breakfast lovers. Introducing pinole waffles.
We’re bringing the power of pinole to a classic breakfast staple. Next time you’re looking to fuel up for adventure, try this delicious, nutritious option, pairing it with your favorite berries, nuts, or chocolate chips!
Prep time: 5 m Cook time: 15 m
Ready in: 20 m
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberry + banana pinole
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh berries or toppings of choice
1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, pinole, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.