By now, you’ve probably guessed that chocolate can be healthy. By going with the darker stuff containing a little less sugar, you’re able to indulge conscientiously. It is possible!
But did you also know that you can go one step further and find a way to make chocolate fuel your body to invigorate you for whatever lies ahead?
With the power of Purely Pinole, you already set yourself up for success by packing in all the necessary nutrition to give your body the perfect combination of fiber, protein, and antioxidants for long lasting, sustained energy.
Check out this deliciously simple recipe for your favorite brownies with a twist. Just add a little pinole, dark chocolate, and goji berries for this mouthwatering but healthy and guilt-free treat! Mmm mmm mmm…
Total time: approximately 40 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
Yield: 25-40 brownies (pieces)
- 1 cup cooked Original Purely Pinole (see back of bag for directions)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup semi-sweet cacao chips
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ⅓ cup dates
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cooking tray, lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cook pinole according to directions on bag: add 1 to 1-½ cups of your milk of choice to ½ cup dry pinole mix and cook on stovetop for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until pinole thickens to a hot cereal consistency.
- Grab a small mixing bowl that can go in the microwave. Chop dates into quarters and add almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and agave nectar. Stick in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and blend ingredients thoroughly to form a paste-like texture.
- Add cooked pinole and dry ingredients (cacao powder, semi-sweet cacao chips, goji berries, salt) to the previous mixture and mix together.
- Place mixture on parchment-lined cooking tray and stick in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into pieces according to preference… then, indulge!