The chocolate chip cookie: one of America’s favorite comfort foods… and for good reason! There’s just something about that combination of sugar, fat, and carbs that is so good. Actually, it’s pretty much all of those things that make those little devils so addictive…
Thankfully, there is a healthier alternative and a smarter way to enjoy your favorite childhood treat. We’ve got you covered with a new, clean take on this old classic by whipping up a few simple, natural ingredients.
Who knew that all you needed was some honey, peanut butter, and pinole to still enjoy your favorite treat while fueling your body with what it needs.
These Chocolate Chip Energy Balls are great for on-the-go, delivering a burst of energy during your jam-packed day. Or, enjoy them as a guilt-free indulgence for recharging your batteries at night with a cold glass of coconut milk (mmm!).
Fueled by power-packed nutrients that keep you happy and active—now that’s our kind of treat!
Yield: 30 balls
Total time: 40 min – 1 hr + 10 min
Prep time: 10 min
Fridge time: 30 min – 1 hr.
- 16 oz Peanut Butter (Creamy)
- 1/4 cup Original Purely Pinole
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 24 oz Old Fashioned Oats
- Approximately 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine in mixing bowl. Once thoroughly mixed, use hands to form into bite-sized balls. (If too thick, add more honey.)
- Place on a lined cookie sheet & pop into fridge for 30min-1hr.
- Once cooled, store in a ziplock bag & you have the perfect on-the-go snack!
PRO tip: Chilling these protein snack balls first helps them not stick together in the bag.
For this recipe we recommend:
Purely Pinole Original