It’s easy to get stuck in a breakfast rut, especially when you just need something fast and simple you can grab while running out the door.
These Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bites are the perfect start to the morning. With the power of pinole plus fresh apples and cinnamon, each tasty bite will help you take on whatever the day may bring!
But be sure to make plenty, as these have been found to disappear quickly!
Total Time: 30-35 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15-20 min
Yield: 50 1 inch-by-1 inch bites
- 1 cup cooked Original Purely Pinole
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, skinned and mashed or blended (think applesauce)
- ⅓ cup walnuts to desired chunk-size
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ⅓ cup dates
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cooking tray, lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cook pinole according to directions on bag: add 1 to 1-½ cups of your milk of choice to ½ cup dry pinole mix and cook on stovetop for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until pinole thickens to a hot cereal consistency.
- Grab a small mixing bowl that can go in the microwave. Chop dates into quarters and add almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and agave nectar. Stick in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and blend ingredients thoroughly to form a paste-like texture.
- Add cooked pinole and dry ingredients (cinnamon, walnuts, salt) to the previous mixture and mix together.
- Either cut into squares or roll into balls (baker’s choice) and place mixture on parchment-lined cooking tray and stick in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Pro Tip: We suggest enjoying them warm…just like warm apple pie!